In re Civil Beat Law Center for the Public Interest
The Law Center moved to unseal Defendant Daniel Seller’s sentencing memorandum and a motion by the Government filed under seal in United States v. Sellers, 19-CR-3 JMS RT. In response, the Government argued that pretrial publicity from the disclosure would prejudice the imminent trial in United States v. Puana, 19-CR-15 JMS WRP, in which Daniel Sellers was expected to testify. The case was assigned to Judge J. Michael Seabright. The Law Center’s motion was filed under 22-MC-124. On April 6, 2022, Judge Seabright ordered the sentencing documents unsealed.
- Motion to Unseal Motion by USA as to Defendant Daniel Sellers [Dkt. 12] and Defendant Daniel Seller’s Sentencing Memorandum [Dkt. 17] (3/9/22)
- Government’s Response to Motion to Unseal (3/24/22)
- CBLC Reply to Government’s Response (3/25/22)
- Order Granting Motion to Unseal (4/6/22)
- Government Motion for Downward Departure (4/1/19)
- Defendant Daniel Sellers’ Sentencing Memorandum (with letters of support and statement from Defendant) (4/22/19)