In re Civil Beat Law Center for the Public Interest
The Law Center moved to unseal an addendum to the plea agreement in United States v. Davis, 20-CR-68 LEK. Contrary to local rule, the Government did not file a motion to seal and proffered only vague concerns about investigatory interests when initially questioned during the plea hearing. The case was assigned to Judge Leslie E. Kobayashi. The Law Center’s motion was filed under 21-MC-19. No party opposed the motion to unseal. Judge Kobayashi ordered the addendum to be unsealed.
- Motion to Unseal Addendum to Memorandum of Plea Agreement (1/15/21)
- EO Regarding Motion to Unseal (1/21/21)
- Defendant’s Statement of No Opposition (1/26/21)
- Government’s Response to Motion (no opposition) (1/27/21)
- Order Granting Motion to Unseal (2/10/21)
- Unsealed: Addendum to Plea Agreement