Walden v. Hi`ilei Aloha LLC
Plaintiff Andrew Walden, Editor of Hawaii Free Press, filed an action to obtain copies of the check registers and income/expense statements of three limited liability companies controlled by the Office of Hawaiian Affairs. The Law Center moved for leave to file an amicus curiae—friend of the court—brief regarding procedural and substantive issues raised by the case. The case was assigned to Judge Jeffrey P. Crabtree. S.P. No. 18-1-0301 JPC. On June 25, 2019, Judge Crabtree entered findings of fact and conclusions of law that recognized the LLCs as subject to the public records law and required the LLCs to disclose the records requested.
- Application (8/28/18)
- Tax Foundation of Hawai`i Motion for Leave to File Amicus Curiae Memorandum (10/30/18)
- CBLC Motion for Leave to File Amicus Curiae Memorandum (11/1/18)
- Respondents’ Motion for Recusal (12/18/18)
- Respondents’ Motion to Strike CBLC Amicus Curiae Memorandum (3/15/19)
- Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law (6/25/19)